You can serve your Corona Sunrise in a normal highball glass or save the hassle and make it in a Corona bottle.
- 1 bottle of Corona beer, chilled
- 2 ounces of tequila
- 4 ounces of orange juice
- 1 ounce of grenadine syrup
- Ice cubes
- Orange slices and maraschino cherries for garnish
Tools & Equipment
How to Make
Follow these simple steps to prepare your own Corona Sunrise:
- Fill a tall glass with ice cubes.
- Pour the tequila and orange juice over the ice, allowing them to mix naturally.
- Slowly pour the grenadine syrup into the glass, allowing it to sink to the bottom.
- Gently stir the ingredients together, creating a beautiful gradient effect.
- Take a chilled bottle of Corona beer and invert it into the glass, allowing it to slowly pour over the back of a spoon or an ice cube to maintain the layered effect.
- Garnish your creation with an orange slice and a maraschino cherry on a cocktail pick.
- Give it a gentle stir just before savoring the Corona Sunrise.
The Origins of the Corona Sunrise
The Corona Sunrise cocktail is a captivating twist on the iconic tequila sunrise, a cocktail that has been enjoyed for decades. While the exact origins of the Corona Sunrise are not well-documented, it is believed to have emerged as a creative variation of the tequila sunrise in bars and beachfront resorts, where the combination of beer and fruity flavors became a hit among patrons seeking a unique and refreshing libation.
The marriage of Corona beer and the classic tequila sunrise brings together the crisp and light characteristics of the beer with the vibrant colors and flavors of the original cocktail. The result is a harmonious blend of citrusy sweetness, a touch of bitterness from the beer, and the unmistakable warmth of tequila—a true tropical symphony in a glass.
Elevating the Corona Sunrise: Creative Twists to Try
While the classic Corona Sunrise is a delightful treat on its own, there are endless possibilities for putting your own spin on this tropical cocktail. Here are two creative variations you can explore:
1. Tropical Fruit Infusion:
- Replace the orange juice with a blend of tropical fruits such as pineapple, mango, and passion fruit.
- Muddle fresh fruits in the glass before adding the tequila and ice, allowing their vibrant flavors to infuse the drink.
- Proceed with the remaining steps to create a tropical fruit-infused Corona Sunrise that bursts with exotic flavors.
2. Spicy Kick:
- Add a dash of hot sauce or a few slices of jalapeño to the glass before pouring in the tequila and orange juice.
- Adjust the level of heat to your preference, infusing the cocktail with a tantalizing spicy kick.
- Continue with the original steps to create a Corona Sunrise with a fiery twist that will awaken your taste buds.
Experimentation is key when it comes to mixology, so feel free to unleash your creativity and discover your own signature twist on the Corona Sunrise. Whether you opt for tropical fruits or a spicy kick, each variation promises to offer a unique and