- Posted: 09 March 2023
- Closing date: 07 June 2023
MISSION TO METRICS
The mission of The Ocean Cleanup is to develop and scale technologies to rid the world's oceans of plastic. To achieve our mission, we need the deployment of our systems to run smoothly and successfully. The Procurement Manager will have succeeded when all our supply chain and contract activities are running optimally.
“We work in a fast-paced and informal way where you can take lots of responsibility. I would like to welcome a proactive Procurement Manager who will be the 'go-to person' in Procurement and who loves working with multidisciplinary teams and our suppliers. Looking forward to working with an energetic, knowledgeable self-starter who will help support bringing The Ocean Cleanup Supply Chain Team into the next phase!” -Tatjana Scroggie, Supply Chain Manager
We are hiring a smart and well-structured Procurement Manager whose passion is being the 'go-to' person in procurement, and who loves to exchange ideas with our bright and technical crew. As the Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for the supply chain and contract activities for The Ocean Cleanup. You will report to the Supply Chain Manager and work closely with the Project Managers for project matters.
You will help identify improvements to the structure, processes, and supporting content around how we engage with and support our stakeholders and suppliers across the organization.
- Responsible for the PO creation process
- Responsible for the operational procurement and defined portfolios
- Negotiations on contracts, agreeing on best prices and conditions, and minimizing risks
- Manage contract lifecycle, expiration dates, and notice periods as expressed in assets, licenses, and services;
- Be the first point of contact for the finance team
- Alignment with internal stakeholders regarding strategic and tactical procurement issues and decision-making processes
- Provide updates concerning suppliers, market developments, and potential risks
- Being responsible for updating relevant procurement tools
- Collection, consolidation, and management of all relevant data related to suppliers, products, prices, and categories
- Ensure data are standardized, timely updated, and accurate at all times
- Develop reporting tools enabling all types of analysis, including forecasts
- Usage of these data, reports, and analyses as a basis for benchmarks to identify best practices, synergies, and optimization opportunities and to develop procurement strategies
- Execute due-diligence tasks for the entire portfolio
- Drafting and executing initiatives in the area of process definition, digitalization of Procurement, improved ways of working
- Managing digital and improvement projects
- Executing plans for supplier downsizing/internationalizing/creating a set of preferred suppliers
- A degree in a relevant field, such as supply chain or a related field
- 3-6 years experience in a Procurement and Supply Chain
- Experience in closing negotiations in both direct and indirect procurement (especially in the E&I portfolio)
- Excellent English language skills (including written), and Dutch language skills would be preferred
- Experience with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and ERP tools
- Proactive attitude
- Independent and flexible
- Able to perform well in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment
- Strong communicator and team player
- Flexible and comfortable in a continuously changing environment
- Results-driven and self-motivated, even when faced with adversity and setbacks
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
Please note: because we are a non-profit, our salaries reflect that of an organization fully reliant on donations rather than that of a commercial entity. Conducting a pre-employment check is part of our recruitment process.
Curious to hear how it is to work at The Ocean Cleanup? Listen to our team members explain their work in our podcast.
- Starting from:
- September 2023
- Work permit needed:
- European Union