- Interviews started
- Posted: 02 March 2023
- Closing date: 31 May 2023
MISSION TO METRICS
Ridding the world’s oceans of plastic is something is an ambitious mission, and The Ocean Cleanup cannot do it alone. As a junior Partnership Manager, you will be responsible for initiating and managing partnerships and unlocking funding that will enable our mission by providing the resources and expertise we require to be successful.
“In the funding and partnerships team, we work with a growing set of international partners who have joined hands to help us realize our joint missions. Working in the team and with the partners is a great opportunity to grow whilst positively impacting the world.” - Nisha Bakker, Director Partnerships
Reporting to the Director Partnerships, your role will be to support the senior partnerships managers in managing current and initiating new partnerships to unlock the right mix of funding, expertise, and in-kind support for The Ocean Cleanup's mission. Your role will ensure that the rights and commitments of our partnership and donor agreements are executed correctly so we create long-term value-adding relationships that advance our mission. Together with the team, you will help manage and track our partnership opportunities and activities, ensuring that everything from branding and intellectual property to physical deployment/technology commitments are monitored and managed to ensure we deliver the highest impact on the mission.
You will help to identify improvements to the structure, processes, and supporting content around how we engage and support our partnership relationships across the organization, giving our partners a chance to create a meaningful legacy through their participation in our activities.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Senior Partnership Managers with partner engagements and negotiations
- Day-to-day management of key partnerships and incoming requests
- Being the first point of contact for potential partners and funders reaching out to us
- Building relationships across our internal departments (i.e., Oceans, Rivers, Catch Management, Business Development, Procurement, Legal, Communications, etc.) to ensure their partnership needs are met.
- Close connection with the Communications team within The Ocean Cleanup to ensure our partners' Communication plans are shared and developed with our own.
- Developing and implementing our partner activation and engagement strategy, supporting external parties wanting to fundraise for us (developing materials, contributing to organizing events)
Your day-to-day could look like:
- Calls and presentations to build strong relationships with our internal teams and external partners
- Logging opportunities in Salesforce and following up on them
- Developing donor reports together with the Rivers and Oceans teams
- Developing donor agreements and donation certificates
- Creating tools and processes to help better service our partners
- Sitting in on brand workshops to evaluate synergies between two parties
- A degree in a relevant field such as communications, business, marketing management, or a related field
- (Internship) experience in partnerships, donor relations, business development, sales, or a similar role is a plus
- Experience working with large global brands
- Experience representing a company externally
- (Near-) native English language skills (including written). Other language skills are a plus
- Previous experience in social media management, PR, or communications is a plus
- Very personable – great relationship builder
- Curious by nature – excited about the details around our technology and project
- Great at time management and prioritization
- You’re a perfectionist: you check every detail, cross every t, and dot every i
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Quick learner
- Team player
- Works efficiently and independently
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
- Starting from:
- Work permit needed:
- European Union
Interviews have started, but please feel free to apply, as we might consider new applications.